Menu Tab

  • BERANDA
  • PUISI
  • MOTIVASI
  • INDOOR
  • OUTDOOR

Jumat, 01 November 2013

I DON’T WANT TO BE A TEACHER!


I dreamed of becoming a Muslim lawyer.  Because of that, I chose to major in criminal law politics (Siyasah-Jinayah) at Institut Agama Islam Negeri.
But, there were some things I could not help to resist.  One, was when I joined in a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) specializing in education.  When I had an internship at District Court and Religious Court, I started to rethink the choice I made.  Was a profession in law field really something that I wanted?
After graduation, a friend informed me about a job vacancy as a teacher.  Unconsciously, I went right ahead and prepared all the documents needed and my friend helped to mail my application.  The next story is going to be in the opening chapter of this book. 
Now, I am a teacher.  I have a dream to travel the world as a teacher.  It is wonderful to be able to share experiences and culture with other teachers around the world.   
Living in a family of teachers had probably charged me with incredible energy in finally becoming a teacher. My father was a teacher, my mother taught in a kindergarten in the village.  Two of my older siblings are teachers.  One of my younger siblings was also a teacher.  It didn’t come as a surprise, when I decided to become a teacher.  It seemed that my youngest sister is going to be a teacher too.  Shocking, right? …
Luckily, when I was in sixth semester of my university years I joined with HEF (Human Education Foundation) that worked together with Plan International.  This is the NGO I talked the about in the early paragraph.  The activities I had in the organization had given me the knowledge on how to develop curriculum, make handouts, plan learning methods, innovate and dare to step up to many challenges. 
To this day, I have had many chances to share experiences. Becoming an outbound trainer, a key speaker at seminars and workshops, a speaker in radios, an English trainer, as well as a trainer on leadership, all of those had provided me with happiness.
I have never dreamt of being a teacher.  But Allah SWT has trusted me to be one.  I enjoy this profession as the means for me to serve and worship Allah and to always learn, learn to be more patient, more considerate and have more understanding of children’s innocent souls. 
I was destined to be a teacher, it was for myself and I dedicate my worship and service to the Master of All Masters.  Amin.

2 komentar:

  1. english version dari buku sampean ya mbak?? :)
    btw, aq dah selesai baca bukunya lhoooo, hasil minjem dari Maul, hehehhe

    mbak, ayo join site blogQ donk..

    BalasHapus
  2. Aku sdh lihat dan sudah join kok :-)

    BalasHapus